Hi All,

 

Happy New Year to you all!

You are probably aware that there is huge conflict going on at present between the teaching unions and the government regarding primary school children returning to school since we have moved into tier 4.  I have been awaiting further guidance and advice around this hence the late message.

The local authority have just issued the following statement asking Headteachers and Governing Bodies to make the decision regarding the return to school – https://www.facebook.com/163527840904079/posts/703034973620027/?d=n

Obviously this a decision which I have thought long and hard about and consulted Linda Reiling (Chair of Governors).  We have made the decision that due to the robust nature of our risk assessments and our constant review of these and the situation regarding Covid as it progresses, we feel as far as is possible, we can keep the children and staff safe.

We will be reopening the school as planned on Tuesday 5th January 2021.  If anything changes with regards to union advice to staff or a u-turn in the government’s stance I will let you know.  Bubbles may go down across the coming months but, as I have done before, I will not hesitate in closing the school if I feel I can’t keep everyone safe.

Can I remind parents/carers to wear their masks upon dropping off and collecting their children and if any child develops symptoms not to bring their child to school and contact us immediately so we can put measures in place?

Thanks so much to each and every one of you for your ongoing support.

 

Helen Smith